Sunday, July 10, 2011

Let's Move Together - Updated w/link!


I'm in! I am officially registered for the New York City Marathon. The race is on Sunday, November 6, 2011 and I couldn't be more excited.

Am I really doing this?

I was able to join through the New York Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation; so in addition to training, I am also fundraising for a cause near and dear to my heart! I hope you all will help me stay motivated, and get motivated to exercise (safely and at your own pace! especially if you have an autoimmune disease) from my efforts. So, I am using the AF Battle Cry, "Let's Move Together!"

Last week, my plan had me running two 3 mile runs, one 4 mile run, and my long weekend run this week was an easy 5-miler. Crazy for a Sick Chick to say 5 miles is easy, huh? Well, it is - next weekend's long run is NINE miles. :)

Stay tuned to the blog as I post my training and fundraising updates. Also, follow me on Twitter (@Zimgirl29), as I will be tweeting as well.

Finally, please consider making a donation. I really need the help to reach my goal!
http://www.ingnyc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=477356&lis=0&kntae477356=FF4943BD8ABF4290ABB8ACA4315A8515

xoxo
Kat

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo! way to go kat!!! i will be cheering you on from the sidelines for sure!

    ReplyDelete